How are you today?

Van de week ging ik tussen de middag even een snelle lunch eten bij The Cheesecake Factory. Terwijl ik er zat en alle beleefdheden werden uitgewisseld, viel me op hoe enorm standaard deze praatjes iedere keer, in iedere gelegenheid weer zijn: namen van restaurants en gerechten zijn allemaal inwisselbaar. Hieronder een woordelijk verslag:

"Welcome at The Cheesecake Factory, my name is Linda and I am your waitress for today, so if there's anything you need - please let me know. Here is our menu. Our specials of the day are Wild Mushroom Soup and a Chicken Teriyaki Salad. Of course, all the Entrees on the menu are also available in a lunch portion. In the meantime, can I get you a drink while you have a look at the menu?"

"Can I get a Diet Coke, please?"

"Sure, no problem!"

2 min later:
"Here's your drink and some bread. Are you ready to order?"

"Sorry, can I get a few more minutes?"

"Take your time, there is soo much on the menu. Don't forget to have a look on the specialty menu"

2 min. later:
"Have you made your decision?"

"I would like to have the Herb-crusted Salmon Salad, please"

"Excellent choice! Will that be it?"

"Yes, thank you".

Ondertussen neem ik drie slokken van mijn liter beker Diet Coke en komt Linda weer langs:
"I will get you a refill, I will be right back!"

5 min. later: food arrives

1 min. later:
"How is it? Good eh? Anything else you'd like to have?"
Ik gebaar (want immers: ik heb een volle mond) dat het allemaal naar wens is.

12 min. later: ik ben klaar maar heb de helft laten liggen omdat het teveel is.
"Are you still working on it?"

"No, I am finished, thanks. Can I please get the check?"

"No dessert for you today? What about the plain cheesecake with strawberries on the side?"

"No thank you, I am fine"

"No problem darling, I will get the check. Would you like me to box this [the leftovers] for you?"

"No, thanks"

En dan betaal je, tip je en krijg je nog tot slot:

"Have a good day. Thank you for visiting The Cheesecake Factory" (ongeveer vijf keer, op weg van je tafel naar de uitgang door al het persoon dat je onderweg tegenkomt).

Comments

  1. Haha zo herkenbaar! Mis alleen het zinnetje "would you like a Diet Coke to go?" ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment